While there are many different types of activities that anyone can participate in, one of the favourites for many is rock climbing. There are a lot of different reasons why a person would want to rock climb.
The Health Benefits
The new trend that is taking place is pro-health. A lot of people are looking at different ways that they can enhance their health. With today’s modern technology, there are some great options for access to easy health care like the livi app that is convenient. Then added to this is the great choices to become involved in healthy activities like rock climbing. The benefits that this allows for are:
- Full body workout: Rock climbing requires the use of the entire body. In a gym setting, those going through a workout often have to focus on one area at a time.
- Agility: Those that are not fit often have problems with a range of motion and stiffness. After a few sessions of rock climbing, many find that they have become much more flexible.
- Heart Health: There is no need to focus on additional exercise for heart health. A rock climbing adventure will provide all the exercise necessary to get the heart rate up.
- Endurance: Endurance will increase over time for those who are consistent with their rock climbing activities. Something that will be noted relatively quickly is the increase in grip.
- Brain Health: Out of all the potential health benefits that rock climbing can bring brain health is the least recognised. For those that are climbing, they have to make decisions constantly. This helps to create brain awareness and focus, which are two great attributes for brain health.
Additional benefits that come with rock climbing are weight loss and muscle toning. Overall rock climbing can provide the majority of health benefits that an intense workout regime would.
Indoor or Outdoor
Another great advantage of this particular sport is that it can be done indoors or outdoors. For those who enjoy indoor climbing, they are often involved in competitions, which is an added bonus. Then for those who opt for outdoor rock climbing, they are getting to enjoy the best of what nature has to offer.
Most that want to try this particular sport will begin with indoor rock climbing. This allows them to get used to it in a more controlled setting. There are plenty of facilities that offer this. Once an individual feels comfortable in this setting, then some will try the outdoor rock climbing. Not everyone has a desire to do this. Instead, they would rather stick with the indoor version. They either do this for pure recreation or make the decision to go into competitions.